The other day Mummy decided to make something she hadn’t made before… Fish Pie. I’ve heard Mummy say that she was going to make it before but I haven’t ever tried it, so this must have been her first time.
This dish was sooo yummy for my tummy, and what was best was I got to help Mummy when she was weighing out the ingredients for the sauce and putting on the pastry!
Here is our special fish dish.
200g Prawns (shelled and deveined cooked)
200g Cod (skinned fillet)
300g Salmon (skinned fillet)
250g Ready-made pastry
Pinch of salt, pepper and chilli flakes
5tbsp Plain Flour
350ml Whole Milk
- Place Cod and Salmon in simmering water for 5 minutes till cooked. Drain and cool. Add Prawns to the simmering butter in a pan until cooked.
- Flake the cooked fish into a bowl and add the prawns.
- To make the white sauce, Melt the butter in pan and whisk in the flour until a paste is formed. Mix in the milk gradually whisking it to avoid any lumps. Bring the sauce to the boil, reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add the white sauce to the flaked fish and spinach, season and slowly mix together until spinach wilts.
- Pour the left over butter from the prawns into an oven-proof dish, tip the fish filling into the oven proof dish and place the pastry over the top, leaving a rim of 5 cm over the edge of the dish.
- Gently press the sides down until the dish is secure and there are no gaps between the dish and the pastry.
- Poke a small design with a fork to create air holes in the middle of the pastry and coat the entire top with the egg.
- Place in the oven to cook the pastry till brown (25 minutes on 200C).
This dish was so simple being made, smelt delicious and went down a treat that I couldn’t wait to have more… Yum Yum. (Mummy please keep this on our regular menu)
Love Baby Z xXx
Recipe adapted from: Feed the Family Recipe book by Caroline Bretheron